Firstly, Merry Christmas!
Secondly, I love unpopular opinions because they start so much controversy. I just like knowing what makes people go against the “norm”.
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
I tried reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare and I only got 70 pages in before I suddenly stopped reading. I now realize it’s because I’m not an Urban Fantasy fan. I just prefer traditional Fantasy.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
A lot of the books I read for High School were hated by my classmates but I liked them. A Separate Peace by John Knowles and The Odyssey by Homer, are two that come to mind.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don’t like.
It was hard for me to pick an NOTP but I guess I’m not huge on Wade and Art3mis from Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I just didn’t feel any chemistry.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Superman (comics count as books!). He’s such a boyscout.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Cassandra Clare. I’ve heard a lot of negative things about her and I’m not a fan of her books.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing.
Every single YA book being compared to Twilight, Harry Potter, Divergent, The Hunger Games, etc.
Female characters being badass only by virtue of being tough and cool – we should be supporting all kinds of women.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
Anything in the Shadowhunter universe. And the Shatter Me trilogy.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
If I had to pick I guess I’d say Sherlock Holmes but I haven’t even read any Sherlock Holmes so I have no idea.
Original Tag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYfgq8HgDc0
Please let me know about all of your unpopular opinions in the comments!
– Queen Celine